Ginger has many health benefits that have been known for centuries and scientifically researched and proven multiple times in more recent history. Its benefits range from relief for colds and flu’s to destroying cancer cells better than the accepted cancer drugs used in conventional medicine, without the side effects! This post will focus on specific research showing ginger’s innate potential in regards to diabetes, nausea during pregnancy, prostate health and arthritis, and cancer in general.
- A study conducted at the University of Sydney showed that ginger, or more specifically components called gingerols, were able to stabilize and maintain proper levels of glucose in the blood by using muscle cells. Normally in type 2 diabetic patients, the ability of skeletal muscle to absorb glucose is notably diminished due to damaged insulin signal transmissions and the ineffectiveness of the GLUT4 protein. Basil Roufogalis, professor of pharmaceutical chemistry, says the tests showed that the increase of glucose in muscle cells functioned independently of insulin. This could be extremely beneficial in order to keep control of the long lasting, high blood sugar levels which generate problems for diabetics.
- Ginger has long been considered quite helpful in reducing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea and vomiting. It definitely has the ability to relieve nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Based on a report published in the April 2005 issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology, tests done on 675 pregnant women confirmed ginger’s effectiveness in diminishing the intensity of nausea and vomiting. It’s also important to note that ginger presented no side effects or other noticeable ill effects on the outcome of the pregnancy. Contrary to certain drugs which can contribute to serious birth problems, ginger is very safe and only a small quantity is necessary.
- Based on a study done at the University of Miami, researchers came to the conclusion that ginger may eventually replace anti-inflammatory drugs such as NSAIDS. The trial implicated 247 people suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee and the conducted test compared placebo effects versus the use of a highly concentrated ginger extract. In the end, the ginger extract was 40 percent more efficient with the patients than the placebo.
As for Cancer:
- Not long ago, a variety of tests at Georgia State University revealed that ginger can be an important contributor to help maintain prostate health. Ginger had visible effects against unhealthy prostate cells. Its main compounds were directly involved in the process of cell reproduction, ensuring control of the flawed cells.
- Ginger is known for its ability to shrink tumors. Astoundingly, it is even more effective than many cancer drugs, which have been shown to be completely ineffective and actually accelerate the death of cancer patients. Commonly consumed across the world in small doses among food and beverage products, the medicinal properties of ginger far surpass even advanced pharmaceutical inventions.
- But what about cancer drugs? Could this simple spice really topple the advanced pharmaceuticals that are often touted as the ‘only option’ for cancer patients by medical doctors?
It turns out that cancer drugs are not only severely ineffective at permanently shrinking tumors, but they actually make tumors larger and kill the patient more quickly. More specifically, the tumors have been found to ‘metasize’, meaning they come back bigger and more stronger than their original size. What’s more, the ‘metasizing’ was found to be very aggressive. According to scientists at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, the premium priced drugs were little more than death sentences for many patients.
“Whatever manipulations we’re doing to tumors can inadvertently do something to increase the tumor numbers to become more metastatic, which is what kills patients at the end of the day,” said study author Dr. Raghu Kalluri.
These are the very drugs considered to be the scientifically proven solution by mainstream health officials.
Meanwhile, ginger presents virtually no side effects and has been used as a food product by many cultures for countless centuries. Instead of creating super tumors, whole ginger extract was shown to exert significant growth-inhibiting and death-inductory effects in a spectrum of prostate cancer cells. Over 17 other studies have also reached similar conclusions on ginger’s anticancer benefits, with the spice being shown by peer-reviewed research to positively impact beyond 101 diseases.